Job Title: Mental Health Coordinator- (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) – Whiteville, TN
Job Announcement Number: 202342012
Our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. We are currently seeking licensed professional counselors or licensed clinical social workers who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. In some areas, these professions are also referred to as a mental health therapist, mental health counselor, or psychology associate. In our organization, these professionals are placed in the position of Mental Health Coordinator to plan and provide clinical mental health services of a non-medical nature in the facility. As mid-level managers, they may coordinate, and direct activities of other personnel engaged in providing mental health services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates.
2. Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
3. Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
4. Always maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
5. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
6. Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
Master’s degree in social work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or related clinical area.
5 years of clinical experience with 2 of those years in comparable position
LPC, LCSW or LMFT licensure in state where practicing
Valid driver’s license
Must be 18 years of age or older
To begin the resume submission process, please fill out the short application form below and include a copy of your resume as an attachment. We will contact you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application after your submission has been reviewed by our staff.
I understand that the information provided on this application will be used only for consideration of my employment at KLS Workforce Solutions. I affirm that the statements made on this application are true and complete. I authorize KLS to investigate any statement contained in any part of this application. I understand that any false statement, omission of fact, or misrepresentation of facts on this application or other forms provided to KLS will be grounds for termination. I hereby authorize KLS and each former employer, except as indicated, and any person, firm, corporation, or educational institution given as a reference to answer all questions that may be asked and to give all information that may be sought concerning me, my work, habits, character, skills, level of education, or actions in any transaction.
I understand that by completing this form and hitting the “submit” button, does not constitute an offer of employment or an employment agreement between me and KLS.