Job Title: Procurement Agent
Job Announcement Number: 201707158
Experienced Procurement Agents needed for long term contract opportunities in Decatur. Must have years of experience in Project Management, Construction, Water and Sewer infrastructure.
- Serves as purchasing agent or lead purchasing agent, scheduling, delegating, and monitoring works assignments and providing direction to lower-level staff and acts in supervisor’s absence.
- Negotiates contracts and advises internal clients to ensure that all contracts are consistent with internal procedures, maintained, and kept current.
- Functions as the Purchasing and Contracting representative with higher level commodity code responsibility. Develops contract format, composes and revises agreements, contracts, and related documents in consultation with Legal Department and other departmental officials.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of assigned commodity, products, services, and suppliers.
- Serves as compliance liaison with departments.
- Leads and facilitates any required planning and negotiating sessions with suppliers. Maintains supplier knowledge, compliance, and performance and establishes supplier ratings as it relates to specific products and services. Sources, prices, negotiates, analyzes documents, administers, and monitors all aspects of major expense contracts.
- Reviews and inputs information into Oracle system as required. Approves purchase orders for products and services within authorized approval levels. Develops and administers purchase orders and price agreements, ensuring proper controls and compliance. Oversees competitive bid evaluations, change orders, reviews, negotiations, dispute and discrepancy resolution, and utilizes standard terms and conditions, contract terminology, documentation and administrative purchase order procedures.
- Mediates disputes between end users and suppliers, as necessary.
- Prepares various reports detailing procurement information to include performance measures and results.
- Initiates final review and approval of agreements and contracts including cost estimates, savings, projected utilization levels, fulfillment of legal requirements, inclusion of appropriate DeKalb County specific policies and statements and any other pertinent issues.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports and responds to requests for contractual information.
- Oversees a management filing system for all agreements, contracts, bid specifications and related items and maintains records of contract dates, options, and re negotiations. Develops, maintains and encourages good business relationships with supplier personnel through professional, impartial, fair, ethical, and objective dealings with all suppliers, including problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.