Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Job Announcement Number: 2017648
Medical Office in Downtown Atlanta needs a Front Office Receptionist
Medical Office Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
Serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
Medical Office Receptionist Job Duties:
• Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
• Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
• Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
• Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
• Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
• Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
• Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
• Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
• Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus