Job Title: Medical Assistant
Job Announcement Number: 20174555
High volume medical practice in the Decatur area is seeking an experienced medical assistant for back office support.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
Medical Assistant Job Duties:
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
• Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
• Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork
Medical Assistant: 2 yearsLOGIN TO UPLOAD RESUME