Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Job Announcement Number: 2017855
Medium size firm in the Atlanta area is seeking to hire an Accounting Supervisor with a minimum 3 years supervisory experience over A/P, A/R, G/L, Payroll and Billing. Must have extensive knowledge the month-end close process including; financial reporting, journal entries and accounts reconciliation.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the work of a number of accounting associates in all aspects of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- General responsibility for supervising the accounting procedures of the company
- Prepare monthly financial statements and various detailed analysis
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax returns
- Maintain detailed fixed asset list
- Responsible for daily cash management reporting
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting department
- Engage in more critical and confidential aspects of accounting
- Assist with the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Manage difficult accounting work on involved projects and problems
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have a significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 3 years of accounting supervisory experience.